Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm Learned

Things I learned or realized today in Korea:

1. Finding your 2 Korean friends in a sea of 2,000 Koreans is in fact as challenging as it sounds (at one point I wasn't even able to remember what my friends actually looked like).
2. After 6 months I still hate that they all chew with their mouths open. I believe in 6 more months I will still feel the same way.
3. I see a drunk Korean man every single day.
4. I see a drunk Korean man fall down every 3-5 days. Literally, man goes from vertical to horizontal (tonight the man was fortunate enough to land in a pile of snow).
5. My favourite Korean food is meat. The meat really just tastes like meat you'd find at home. So I guess I don't really have a favourite Korean food.
6. Everyone will tell you the bus is faster than the subway. What they don't tell you is that your chances of dying on a bus (or wetting your pants in fear of death) is multiplied by 5.
7. Just because I have learned more Korean, doesn't mean Koreans have learned more English. Must remember to clarify that no, I do not want a Vanilla latte, I want a Banilla latte.
8. I will spend $70 for two bottles of my favourite wine.
9. I am not on vacation here, so I need to stop eating like I am.
10. Dairy products have ridiculously short expiry dates, while bread lasts freakishly long.
11. I like waiting to show the salesgirls my face until after they've run up to me and spoken a bunch of Korean (the dark hair and bangs usually makes them assume I'm one of them). Reactions I get usually involve them stopping mid sentence, backing away slowly, or awkward smile/giggle/red face combinations.
12. Milk is never going to smell right, just put it in your coffee and cereal and don't ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment